Above is a pic of Lt. Colonel James Galbraith, Regimental Colour in hand, alongside Bobbie the regimental dog and some of the other "Last Eleven" survivors of the 66th (Berkshire) Regiment, making their last stand in one of the walled gardens just South of Khig village, a few miles West of the Afghan town of Maiwand.

Thursday, September 7, 2023

CAMERONE game at Mini-Wars convention Buena Park California Sat Oct 14

I have some convention news:

A little over a month from now on Saturday October 14th from 10am to 5pm me and my buddies "Last Stand" Dan Gurule & Shawn "CAPT SHANKS" Hutson will be running our April 30, 1863 Camerone game at the annual HMGS-PSW MINI-WARS gaming convention, being held this year at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Buena Park, located at 700 Beach Blvd, Buena Park, California 90620.

The game uses the popular "The Men Who Would Be Kings" colonial rules published by Osprey, with modifications for the "last stand in a built-up area" scenario and also for speeding up convention play.

We ran this same game with a full complement of 7 players (3 French + 4 Mexican) at the HMGS-PSW Sand Wars convention in Mesa, AZ this past May and it was something of a big success, if I don't say so myself.  This time should be as good or better, with my 2 colleagues and I making some slight changes to hopefully improve things.  Last time I looked there were still 5 opens slots out of the 7 total player spots -- 3 French + 4 Mexican -- so if you plan on being in Southern California next month, I encourage you to click on one of the links below, attend the convention (which already had a bunch of very cool games available) and -- if you're into "Against All Odds Last Stands" -- sign up to play our game!

LINK to the Mini-Wars homepage

LINK to the Mini-Wars events page

LINK to the "CAMERONE: Not Men but Demons!" game sign-up page

LINK to the HMGS-PSW homepage

For additional info call or email Convention Director Harmon Ward:

714-414-2749 / hjw@pacbell.net

*  *  *  *  *  *

Unfortunately I never got around to posting an AAR for our game in Mesa (which really was awesome, mostly thanks to the great gamers who signed up to play!) but here -- for the first time ever -- are some good pics of it, courtesy of my friend who is a real photographer, Matthew:



2 comments:

  1. The Mesa game was indeed great - magnificent scenery and miniatures and a great group of game masters. . I encourage anyone attending the convention to consider signing up. For the game. Viva Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much, Anonymous! Not sure if you chose anonymity -- which is all good -- or if my blog is currently preventing users from leaving comments under their own ID's, but either way, THANKS for taking the time to leave your comment! I wonder if that's you, Joe... or one of the other great guys who played in that game? We doubt about it, myself & my 2 fellow GMs all agreed we really lucked out with all of the attendees who played that Camerone game.

    ReplyDelete