Above is a pic of Lt. Colonel James Galbraith, Regimental Colour in hand, alongside Bobbie the regimental dog and some of the other "Last Eleven" survivors of the 66th (Berkshire) Regiment, making their last stand in one of the walled gardens just South of Khig village, a few miles West of the Afghan town of Maiwand.

Monday, September 4, 2023

RE: my just-posted Battle of Brooklyn AAR

Well... that last post I just put up was a mixed bag.

On one hand, I was able to upload the PDF Battle Report which I spent a lot of time adding multiple photos to and which I think does a great job telling the story of the game, but...

...On the other hand, the manner in which the PDF uploaded doesn't really present the AAR, and particularly the many photos embedded in it, in the best possible way. If you click the "EXPAND" option in the upper right-hand corner of the PDF file frame, you will get a nicer size display, large enough to read and enjoy maybe all of the pics, which is good, but you can't blow-up the individual photos themselves and see them in XL fashion.

Of course the time required to create that version of the same AAR post here on my blog would be substantial, and I'd rather not spend it redoing something I just did... but it's also the only way I will have handy ongoing access to the individual photos in order to copy & post them anywhere else on the web, such as TMP, LAF and other places, or have convenient access to them online for any other purpose, such as sending them to a gaming friend via text or email, without having to dig into the original source located somewhere else in my digital life.  So...

...I may do another AAR post uploading the photos themselves, and if I do that, I might as well copy & paste the text too -- so long as it doesn't mutate into different color backgrounds and fonts, which I've had happen before when trying to copy-&-paste text from a Word doc into Blogger.  So to be safe I'll stick to the PDF version for the text and hopefully it will go smoothly.

Until then -- and I have no idea how long it will be -- I sincerely hope you can enjoy reading and viewing the pics in my previously posted PDF Battle Report -- and don't forget to click on the "EXPAND" button on the upper right of the PDF file to get a bigger view of the text & images!

EDIT: Sept 7, 2023: I'm happy to say it didn't take all that long, just a couple of days!  Here's a LINK to the full Battle Report posted in old-school "directly inputted into the blog" style:

No comments:

Post a Comment