Above is a pic of Lt. Colonel James Galbraith, Regimental Colour in hand, alongside Bobbie the regimental dog and some of the other "Last Eleven" survivors of the 66th (Berkshire) Regiment, making their last stand in one of the walled gardens just South of Khig village, a few miles West of the Afghan town of Maiwand.

Friday, July 23, 2010

BOARDS ALL PAINTED

Last night, with more help from my son, we finished putting 2 to 4 highlight colors onto all four of the remaining terrain boards. I think they look pretty good.

Here's a pic:


















Here's a sketch I did on the wall of the office I share with my partner at work, before I started working on the boards. It's kind of cool for me to see it now, since the finished 6'x10' tabletop looks just about exactly the way I had laid it out...


2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Im just about to start a desert board for the Sudan so nice to how good this one turned out
    Cheers
    Steve
    Www.1066campaign.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Hermit, missed your comment here until just now -- almost a year since you put it up!

    My SINCERE APOLOGIES FOR HAVING MISSED IT -- and just as sincere thanks for having taken the time to leave your post when you did! It's always very gratifying to hear something on this blog has been of use of any sort to a fellow gamer.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete