It seems to be working and that's a pretty good feeling.
I'm still at the first stage of this multi-stage "resin-ing" process, the next step of which will be a bit more complicated and fraught with a bit more risk as it will entail adding a color tint to the mix and also attempting to agitate the resin at the exact right moment late in its curing process, so the resulting disturbed surface when it fully sets will pass for the churning flow of a moving river.
That's a bit of a tall order, but I think I did enough research months ago on those small test pieces I made expressly for that purpose, so I have a decent idea how to proceed and some confidence I may be able to pull it off. One good thing is that I plan to do 3 or 4 pours of resin (each approximately 1/8" deep), so even if I don't nail this first tinted and "agitated" pour, after it cures I'll still have another one or two more chances to get it right.
In the weeks and months ahead I plan to post my usual painfully involved step-by-step tutorial re: working with the resin, but today I just want to share some WIP views of the river and swamp boards with this first layer of resin added to them...