Above is a pic of Lt. Colonel James Galbraith, Regimental Colour in hand, alongside Bobbie the regimental dog and some of the other "Last Eleven" survivors of the 66th (Berkshire) Regiment, making their last stand in one of the walled gardens just South of Khig village, a few miles West of the Afghan town of Maiwand.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Battle of Charasiab T-Shirts

Amongst the many boxes I brought with me to Colonial Barracks V in Metarie was one with a stack of t-shirts in it.  I put up a post here on my blog when I designed them a couple of months back, with help from my daughter who used her Photoshop skills to remove a large blemish from the period image I used.

I now find myself being asked to provide a few more of these shirts to several other colonial gamers who saw them at the convention.  This reminded me that when I first posted about the t-shirt design some months ago, a very talented figure painter, prolific Blogger and TMP and LAF poster, left a comment saying he would like to buy one if possible, so... mad though it may be, I have decided to make these t-shirts available for sale to others.  I won't be making money off the exercise, as the $20 fee will cover the cost of a shirt and having it delivered to me, and I will then have to add whatever additional shipping cost is needed to get have them shipped to any/all buyers.  I plan to ship them all as inexpensively as possible via the US Postal Service, unless asked to do otherwise.  Purchasing, receiving, unpacking and individually repacking will be a bit time-consuming for me, but if anyone else out there in the "interweb" is interested enough to pay for them, I am ready to deal with the logistical challenges, as it will do my Colonial Wargaming heart good to know a "Happy Few" are joining me to commemorate this particular nitch of Anglo-Indian and Afghan military history.  I will however have to limit the payment options to PAYPAL ONLY, as accepting checks, money orders, or credit card payments is simply beyond the scope of feasibility for me.  I apologize in advance to anyone for whom that makes it impossible to buy one, but I'm afraid I just can't accept any other form of payment.

Here's the image I used, which shows the entire battlefield as seen
from just behind General Roberts and his staff, atop some high ground
South of the British camp which was itself South of Charasiab village...


And here's a look at the design on the FRONT of the shirt...



...and the rather wordy design on the BACK, which features
the opening portion of General Roberts' proclamation
issued just before he began his advance on Kabul:




And here are wider views of both front & back...





"Mad" as it may sound, if you'd like to purchase a "Battle of Charasiab" t-shirt for $20 (USD), please leave a COMMENT below with your email address and I will get in touch with you directly and send you my Paypal address so you can pay for your shirt(s).

Last but not least: the shirts are available in the usual sizes, from SMALL to TRIPLE EXTRA LARGE, as well as YOUTH SMALL, YOUTH MEDIUM & YOUTH LARGE.




8 comments:

  1. Is this offer restricted to the US (I live in Ceredigion, the California of the UK), as this is just the thing for my Christmas list and is one step away from 'why is your list full of toy soldiers?
    Mark Watson blaenrhos@sky.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guru, I'd love one of those shirts. If you end up getting enough interest to do an order of these, please put me down for one. Brian English brianjenglish@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am interested as well please contact me at kroun909@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. All ordered shirts have been received from the manufacturer and will be packed & shipped to all recipients this coming week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All shirts have been shipped out to those who ordered them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And now I believe they have all been DELIVERED. It's a very select group of owners!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. T shirt printing places near me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blog. People using the different T-shirts as their ages like seniors and juniors. Visit here the new collection of T-shirts

    ReplyDelete